Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dressing for the real world

Why yes this girl got a real job! Looks like its time for me to put my big girl pants on. I don't know why but the idea of having to dress up like a professional always seems to make me cringe.  I believe some of it was that when I got my first real job I was still a senior in college and didn't have a lot of money to go shopping for new business attire clothes because my goals then were to save save save and more save. So I admit I did a lot of shopping at thrift stores and I put my sewing skills to work tailoring and altering all of my own clothes that were too big. Though when your parents kick you out when you are a few month away from finishing your bachelors degree you will do what ever you have to do to make sure you survive and have money in the bank to eat. Though that is another story for another day, I also hated getting ready for work because I always felt HUGE in dress pants even when they were skinny pants I just felt fat even though I was wearing a size 2 and yes they fit ( I didn't have to alter everything I bought) I also felt I could not be creative in what I was wearing as well. Well here is round two with getting a big girl job, My hero of a husband let me do something shopping for this new job in hopes that I would feel comfortable in what I was wearing to work because he truly know of all  these struggles because he was right by my side though it all which was also right before we got engaged, so they weren't all bad times.
 Also since my college days my taste in clothing has also changed I tend to stay away from the college attire like sweaters, AF T-shirts. Hopefully this time around getting ready for work wont be so such a chore anymore. Wish me luck for my first day which is on Monday and I barely know what I am walking in too. It still doesn't feel real that I have this job even though they sent my all my hiring form training paper work. I keeps thinking do I really have this job???

Hope everyone has had a good week and a great weekend!
Love Kitsune


No comments:

Post a Comment