Sunday, January 30, 2011

working and more working.....love it

So I work at a retail store, and I actually love it. Its not a little kid store its a professional atmospheric, we wear all black. We have to meet a certain amount of sales each day we work and yes some time we meet them and some days we blow it out of the water or we don't catch any fish so to speak. I am just starting out and my sales are so so, when I am working I have the concept that I will not sell someone something I do not love. I also ask them how they feel and are you in love with the item? It also fun to have great co-workers and managers, they all love fashion just as much as me. Which makes a slow day go super fast, cause we all talk about fashion until someone walks in the store. Customer Service is our key in the store and makes sense, we call customers are called clients. We have had clients say wow we have never been treated this good at store ( our store is not cheap to shop in for the area) so I am not going to lie if I was shopping there a little extra help and customer service would be great.  Which brings me to something, most of my friends we all working in retail at some point or another in college, high school or even now since we are in a recession. I believe working in retail will give you some great perspective on customers service and have respect the people working there. I had a friend that never worked in retail and she was always super rude in the store, talking down the employee because she had the attitude that they were stupid and couldn't get another job and uneducated. She was the typical shopper that trashed the store when she was shopping, if you worked in retail you will understand that. It made all of us girls very mad. Also having the attitude that whole sale prices for clothes are a joke. for those of us that know why clothes cost so much its cause the quality of fabric, how its made, and to pay the bills of the company and employee. Which I think were we get super bad customer in a store, and I totally understand if someone is shopping and they are totally crabby. But look at it as a business deal, be respective and have some fun with it.
But I am going to end this post with some one I love so much...her name is Mika and she is my baby..also ends a not so fun blog with something cute
Love Kitsune63

No comments:

Post a Comment