Saturday, March 31, 2012

watch how you word your shit! or you going to get sued

So I found this little article interesting but I am not super surprised about it either  Dolce & Gabbana has just sued a small, sea-side jewelry shop in Cape Town, South Africa, for naming the store "Dolce and Banana." According to WWD, the business has been around for 12 years and has developed into a tourist attraction. Owner Mijou Beller didn't have enough money to fight in the lawsuit, and has apparently changed her name for $13,195. According to its Facebook, it seems like Mijou has dropped the "Dolce" part in the name, and now goes by just &Banana. It's a smart move, as far as we're concerned. 'Cause as we all know, "There's always money in the banana stand." (WWD


Of course I got this little tidbit from refinery 29,  they are always great fro a random story.  I kind of feel bad for the little shop because they didn't even have the money to fight back or anything other then change the name as D&G wishes were. I wish they would go after the companies that product cheap shitty hand bags tht use child labor. But that's just me..and actually the little bracelet is pretty cute i might have to support these guys and buy it. I do love supporting small business. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment