Friday, March 18, 2011

Movie review of Red Riding Hood....

To be Honest, its has a very Twilight feel to it, probably why I liked it. Ha ha. Also Catherine Hardwicke directed this movie hence the Twilight feel to it because she directed the first Twilight Though really I would not recommend bring ones Boyfriend, Husband or any straight male to see this movie. I saw it with one of my girlfirends and we both enjoyed it because it has romance, the plot has twist and turns that you think you can see coming but you don't until the end. I know I didnt but I was very distracted by the two male lead actors the Characters Peter ( Shiloh Fernandez) and Henry ( Max Irons) are very distracting when it comes to keeping up with the plot. Gary Oldman also plays a villein / want to be hero well. Since this is a fashion blog, I guess I should discuss the costume design. For those of us whom has read Grims Fairy tale of Red riding hood we know the symbolize of the red cape. Which comes in to play in the film when the Valerie ( Amanda SeyFried), also some of the cast has more modern styled garments while other cast member has more time period garments. Mostly the two hot male actors are wearing modern styled shirts and pants. Though the Women and including the main character are wearing corsets, floor length dresses that follow the time period. I believe they wanted to modernize the characters Peter and Henry to make them more appealing to the ladies in the audience. 

But I enjoyed it, but I also enjoy movies that are not Twilight one of my favorite movies this year was Black Swan, don't want you guys to think I only watch girly movies but once in a while I like a good girly movie
Kitsune63

No comments:

Post a Comment